Listens Cares Delivers
Kate grew up locally and continues to live in Ashgrove with her husband and two children, Thomas and Grace.
Kate has a Masters in Environmental Law and is passionate about protecting our local environment. As a proud local, she is committed to working for and engaging with our community.
As our local representative, Kate has a history of delivering for us including:
- A new hall for Kelvin Grove State College
- A Major Upgrade for The Gap Police Station
- Upgraded halls for Ithaca Creek State School and The Gap State School
- Two New Ambulance Stations in Ashgrove and Mitchelton
- Delivered Stage 1 of the Samford Road Wardell Street Intersection Upgrade and Secured Funding for Stage 2
- State Government Call-in of the Upper Kedron Development
- Supporting local sporting clubs with major upgrades to facilities at The Gap Football Club, Norths Hockey, The Gap Netball Club and Everton Wolves
- New Learning Hub at Enoggera State School
- Declared D’Aguilar National Park on our doorstep and completing the upgrade of Walkabout Creek Visitor Centre in The Gap
- Built a new sports hall at The Gap State High School
- Upgrades to Newmarket and Alderley train stations
As Minister for Education and Minister for Tourism, Major Events and the Commonwealth Games, Kate is a key member of the Palaszczuk Government that is committed to improving frontline services, delivering jobs and restoring accountability to government.
Kate believes her local community deserves better and is working every day to deliver on that commitment.